Our North Pennines woodlands offer year-round food and shelter for wildlife, economic opportunities and beautiful spaces for us to enjoy. Join us to learn practical management skills, including:
- Planting and aftercare of new trees
- Managing a woodland for wildlife
- Coppicing, thinning and management of difficult sites
- Growing an income from woodland products
- Tree diseases and bio-security
After meeting at Allendale Village Hall by 10am, the day will be mostly outdoors with site visits to different woodlands and some practical work. Please bring a packed lunch.
It might be best to wear warm, waterproof clothing (depending on the weather) and some strong, comfortable footwear.